Saturday, April 7, 2012

A March Recap Story & Garden Spells

Can you believe March is over already?  And can you believe that even though March is over it's still the dead of winter?  I can't.  If summer could get here pronto I would be more than ecstatic.  But, instead of complaining, let's see how I did reaching my goals! 
 Oh, you're tired of these pictures already?  Impossible. 
  • I passed my general exams!  This definitely DEFINITELY counts as making significant progress towards finishing my degree.  Now on to the dissertation!
  • SO true.  source

  • I read 7 books this month, including Dovekeepers and the first five books in the Pretty Little Liars series.  Skipping in Seattle told me to read these books and although I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, I'm hooked.  I thought about getting a fake War and Peace book shell to house my secret teenager-aimed book addictions!  I'm waiting impatiently on getting the 6th book from the library.  I also finished Garden Spells, our book club book for April.  It was fine.  Life went on.  Since I had just finished Sarah Allen's other book, The Girl Who Chased the Moon, and the two books are crazily similar, I was kind of bored.  They're both about baking and magic.  Been there, done that.  But I did like it better than her other book and probably would have liked it even more if I hadn't just read The Girl Who Chased the Moon.  It was a very quick read and I was entertained.  Three stars.

  • I'm now on to The Weird Sisters, our book club book for May.  What's interesting is I'm already noticing that one of the main characters of The Weird Sisters, Bianca, is strikingly similar to one of the main characters of Garden Spells, Sidney.  So after The Weird Sisters is done, I'm definitely ready for something "new".  These three books are too similar. 
Want to follow along and read this with me?
  • I did not volunteer for a race.  Shocker.  I need to get serious about figuring out which race I'm going to volunteer for.   Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?  It would be even better if YOU were doing the race and I could give you water! 
How was your March?  Did you meet all your goals?  What are you reading right now?  What races are you doing that I could give you water at?!