Thursday, July 12, 2012

Debbie Downers be Damned

Remember when I questioned the benefits of Lululemon and you guys had really strong opinions about it?  And then remember how I said to forget about that?  And then remember when 2 seconds ago I started talking about it again?  Hmmm.

Well over the weekend I rented the first season of Downton Abbey.  After reading about a thousand and one of you loving it I felt extremely behind the times having not seen it.  Then I happened upon it in Red Box, and JMan was out of town so I he wouldn't have to complain about it, so I figured it was perfect timing for a Downton Abbey marathon.


Well I tried, I really did.  Kind of.  But it just wasn't for me.  I have ADD, have I mentioned that?  I have serious issues paying attention to things.  95% of things bore me.  That's why I'm always doing 5 things at once and giving none of them my full attention and effort.  I watched two episodes.  And that is all.  Sorry folks, I'm just not who you want me to be.  I'm going to try 50 Shades of Grey but if I hate that too I fear I may be banned from the blog world forever.


So before I become a complete Debbie Downer, hater of all things loved by bloggers and America in general, I figured I'd make a list of 5 things I DO love.  Maybe you love these things too and we can bond over those commonalities?

1)  Blizzards.  Particularly with cookie dough inside.  Salmonella be damned.

 How I love thee, let me count the ways.

2)  Creamer.  I consider myself a sort of 'creamer connoisseur', and enjoy taste testing all of the creamers in the world.  Yeah yeah yeah, it's all chemicals and it's horrible for me.  But it's one of those luxuries that just makes life worth living.  If loving creamer is wrong, I don't want to be right.

 Coffee-Mate is my brand of choice, and holiday flavors are definitely the best.  Eggnog Latte is my absolute favorite.  I am also pleased they are now carrying Peppermint Mocha year round.

3)  Lost.  Oh, it's off the air?  Since the series ended I have felt a hole in my heart that can only be filled by Lost - no other show has captivated my attention or made me look forward to TV as much as that show.  It was just so impressively smart and calculated.  I will never forget the day my head exploded during the Season 3 finale.  Wait wait wait.  It's a flash... FORWARD?!

 I would have SO much more to blog about it if Lost was still on the air.  Remember when we were all like OH MY GOSH WHO IS IN THE COFFIN??!!!

4)  Chocolate labs.  Especially if their names are Cooper.  But most dogs will do.  Preferably if they're puppies.  Kittens are okay too.

 How adorable is this?  That was when Cat was still cute and not evil

5)  Snorkeling.  I LOVE snorkeling and need to have a snorkeling trip planned to look forward to.  Sea Turtles and I are best friends.  I've snorkeled on Maui, Oahu, the Big Island, Cabo, the Cayman Islands, and Bali.  I swam with sea turtles on all 3 Hawaiian island (I better plan a trip to Kauai to fill the Hawaii card!), sting rays in Cayman, and a World War II shipwreck in Bali.  Cabo was definitely the most forgettable of the snorkeling experiences.  Bali was probably the most memorable.  Or the sting rays, because they were TERRIFYING. 

An adorable sea turtle in Kona

Which of these 5 loves can you bond with me over?  Or will your love for Downton Abbey forever make the odds not be in my favor?