Wednesday, July 18, 2012

These Bloggers Are Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I'm just a littttllleeee behind in posting this, sorry peeps.  But we can't forget about it!

Last weekend Kerrie hosted and invited me (lucky me!) to a Dole Banana Party!  Oh, you've never heard of a banana party before?  Well that's just plain weird, what, have you been living under a rock?!

Anyway, being a huge fan of bananas myself, of course I jumped on board.  Dole made a fantastic decision in asking Kerrie to host this party.  She went ALL OUT.  I'm talking she made EVERY recipe they gave her (there were so many banana-themed foods to eat!), decorated her house, yard, and body in yellow, and even played BANANA songs (did you even know there was such a thing?!).  Seriously, how awesome is she? 

Kerrie making some delicious smoothies, and me enjoying them.

Look at all that delicious banana bread, banana sandwiches, banana protein bars, etc.!

After we chowed down on the delectable banana-themed food, we decided to burn some of those calories off on a little walk.  

Yep, we're "walking".  And working very hard I might add.  This is an intense workout.

We were told to "act like monkeys", but apparently we did it wrong.  I think we dominated it.
 
The whole banana-riffic crew: Zoe, Lauren, Chelsea, Tall Mom, Kerrie, yours truly.

We even freaking got gift baskets, complete with a banana bread pan, a sweet water bottle, and even a "banana saver".

Yeah, I clearly didn't know what it was either.  But hello, it keeps your banana from getting bruised when you're traveling.  Which is convenient, because I am VERY picky about how bruised my fruit is. 

Thanks Dole and Kerrie!  I had a blast. 

How do YOU feel like bananas?  Could I have possibly used the word 'banana' more in this post?  Doubtful.  What's your favorite banana-themed recipe?