Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weekly "Rap-Up": Spice Girls Style

It's been a LONG TIME since my last "rap-up" post!  Did you miss them?  I bet you did.  Did the Spice Girls rap?  Perhaps not?  But they are still awesome.  


My junior year of high school my friends and I were the Spice Girls for Halloween.  I really really wish I had a picture to show you but unfortunately I don't think one exists (luckily for me!).


Let's see how I did workout-wise this week, maybe I'll live up to Sporty Spice's standards?

Monday -  3 miles on the beach with Cooper.  Although the scenery was LOVELY my legs were just not feeling it and I cut it shorter than I would have liked.

See - scenery = gorgeous.  Legs still = heavy though.

While I was running I saw this interesting dude walking on the beach with his 10 pound dumbbells.  Who does that?!?!  He was doing all kinds of curls and flies and other nonsense.  ON THE BEACH.  

Tuesday - Uh, nothing.  Apparently my motivation since the marathon remains waned. I better snap out of it quick.

Wednesday - 6.2 miles at the 1st Annual 4th of July 10k Fun Run!

Remember these lovely ladies?  Yeah, that was fun.  Let's do it again SOON.

Thursday - Um?  I am embarrassed to say nothing again.  I SUCK.  It pains me to write this and I have to remember this pain this week when the couch calls to me when I know I need to get my butt in the pool or on the bike. 

Friday - 6 miles in the morning + 2 more after work.  It was HOT and I was struggling.  Ragnar and Hood to Coast are going to be TOUGH with those midday runs. 

Saturday - 4 miles walking with Cooper

Sunday - 15 miles biking, 1 mile walking with the blogger banana ladies (more to come on that later!), 1.5 miles walking with JMan and Cooper

We're clearly working very hard. 

So that's a rap!  17 miles running this week, but no weekend run at ALL which is sad.  I really meant to but it was just HOT and I didn't want to get up early.  Those are lame excuses, I know.  I didn't swim either, and that's not good either. 

I'll leave you with this little gem to get you through your week (you don't even know how hard it was to pick which two songs I was going to put up!):


Anyone else secretly love the Spice Girls?  What's your favorite Spice Girl song?  How was your week workout wise?