Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Baby J 11 Week Update

Oh hello there.

It's been awhile you say?  Sorry.  There's not much to report in this neck of the woods.  Time is just tickin' by, it's hard to believe that this little guy:


Is now this little guy:

 Look at those cute onesies Becky made!

Baby J is still as adorable as ever.  Him smiling is the absolute BEST THING EVER and makes up for all of the not-sleeping and fussypants wearing he's been doing lately.  I seriously LIVE for those smiles.

 

It's my last week of full maternity leave.  Granted, I've been working pretty much half time now for about a month now, so that's nothing new, but much of it has been done at home or included bringing baby to work.  I have gone in a few times for full days away from Baby J and let me tell you that pumping at work is not my favorite thing.  AT ALL.

Pumping and I have come a long way in our relationship though, from pure hatred to more of an affectionate annoyance.  I have about 190 ounces stored up (yes, I actually counted yesterday!) which makes me proud.  As you all know, I'm planning on doing Ragnar Vegas with Team Nuun in November, and while I hope to not have to throw away ALL of my milk while I'm away (any ideas? That stuff is liquid gold man), I'm going to plan like I will have to.  I'm estimating I'll need about 70 ounces stored just for that while I'm gone.  Plus I'm already fearing there won't be much time for pumping while I'm at work, judging from the few days I've gone in, so I'd really love to have a decent stash to help supplement if my supply starts dipping.  My goal is to breastfeed for 6 months, and we're nearly halfway there!  But I know the harder half still awaits.

 Seriously, I'm a growing boy mom.  You have that milk ready.

Anyway, short story made long, pumping at work is a whole other story!  So far I have been walked in on by both my boss AND our brand new young custodian, both male, both of whom were VERY embarrassed.  THE DOOR WAS LOCKED FOR A REASON PEOPLE!!!  Needless to say, they have learned their lesson and I also have a lovely picture of a cow hanging on my door when needed.

 
Moooooo.  That's me alright. 

Other things.  Let's see, sleeping.  It's a 1 step forward, 2 steps back kind of world.  Baby J has slept 5 hours straight a few times, most of which I didn't get to enjoy because we were either driving or it was on one of these random thunder and lightning stormy nights where COOPER was the one we needed to be worried about keeping us up all night!  Man Cooper hates thunder.  A LOT.  Baby J also slept SEVEN HOURS STRAIGHT for one glorious night, which I also didn't really get to capitalize on, but it still gave me hope.  

Hope that has since been dashed since we seem to be regressing back into waking every two hours at night.  NOT FUN PEOPLE.  It makes me really worried about going back to work - I will be a zombie when I have to get up at 5am if the current pattern keeps up.  Please be a growth spurt!  

 Baby J also likes walks, in the stroller and in the pack, and being on the changing table for some reason.

Baby J's fussypants are also sticking around.  It is WAY better in that he will now play on his playmat for a bit, be read a story, etc. before getting upset.  He LOVES to look in the mirror and at faces, but still doesn't seem to look at toys much yet.  He even tolerated tummy time for a full 5 minutes yesterday, which is a record by about 4 minutes and 55 seconds!  But he's still often fussy, and we just don't know what to do for him to make him happy.  We even ended up leaving our friends' house at 10pm on Saturday night when we intended on spending the night and driving the hour home because we just couldn't get him calm and the car always does the trick instantly.  Sure enough, he was out for 5 hours straight, even through the transfer from car seat to crib!  It's hard to be away from home and all of our "weapons for the war on fussyness" (like the swing!).  I'm just hoping this is temporary and part of the "fourth trimester" like everyone says.

Loving his playmat.

Running was AWESOME for two weeks the week before last.  I felt really strong and like I was improving and ran 18 miles and 21 miles respectively, including two 7 milers and an 8 miler.  Then last week hit and I was just so freaking tired, plus it's definitely noticeable how dark it is getting earlier now, and so the time I've been going out for a run is now dark.  I really did try to run 9 miles on Sunday, but left at the exact worst time possible and caught in the biggest downpour of all time complete with scary thunder and lightning very close.  I hid under someone's garage eaves (sorry people!) until my sweet husband came and rescued me unprompted.  Stellar 1 mile people, for a total of 8 miles last week.  Suck.  That half marathon in 3 weeks is going to kill me!



Last, but not least, firsts!  Baby J has met his future spouse:
I swear she did this all on her own!

He also learned that his future best friend will arrive January 31st!
If you are pregnant you MUST do a gender reveal party.  It was the funnest thing EVER.  I wish I'd captured the Dad's joy at learning he was going to have a BOY on video.  Best. Thing. Ever.

And he took his first trip to the fair, where he enjoyed lots of delicious food vicariously through Mom and Grandma:


Whoops...

And that's about it!  Baby J is precious, sweet, and adorable.  I need to get back on the running train.  Baby J needs to sleep longer.  The end.  As always, baby tips GREATLY appreciated.