Friday, October 4, 2013

So, I'm Running a Half Marathon This Weekend

Hmmm.  My half marathon that seemed so far off in the distance is suddenly upon us.  Am I ready?  DOUBTFUL!  Very very very very very doubtful.  But am I proud of how far I've come since Baby J was born?  Yes.

Can you believe how big he's gotten???

6 weeks ago or so I ran my first 5 miles post-baby and was ecstatic.  It took about 51 minutes.  Last night I ran 5 miles in 46:34.  That might not seem like a big difference to you, but that's almost a 1 minute per mile difference!  I'm proud of that progress.

 I'm also proud of the 3 month photoshoot I did with Baby J the other day.

I am very nervous about the race though.  Although I've put in the long runs, including an 11 miler, a 10 miler, an 8 miler, and two 7 milers, I've been majorly lacking in the weekday runs, which are rarely more than 3 miles, leaving my body mostly comfortable running... wait for it... 3 miles.  But I did run 70 miles in September, definitely the highest month so far this year by about 20 miles.  So we shall see! 

Um, thanks Baby J, that reminds me, I should probably start hydrating with Nuun?  
All I've had so far today is coffee....

I'd be lying if I wasn't super secretly hoping to run the half in less than 2:20, and lying even more if I wasn't super secretly hoping that number to be closer to 2:10.  Not so secret thoughts anymore, eh?!?!  But I seriously could also care less if that number is closer to 3 hours or if I walk half of the race.  I JUST WANT TO FINISH.  Seriously.  I have no expectations and just want to not die, and to have a semi-fun time (how much fun can you really have when you're running 13.1 miles?!).  So, here goes nothing!

Happy weekend everyone!