Monday, July 1, 2013

3rd Annual Leavenworth Wine Walk!

Let's start by saying that I ADORE Leavenworth.  It's pretty much my favorite place EVER.  This was our third year going there for my birthday weekend (you can read about last year's 30th birthday here!) and in 2011 we ran the Leavenworth Half Marathon during Oktoberfest as well.

Last year's wine walk:

Oh, to be 30 again.  And to weigh 25+ pounds less.  And to be able to drink wine. 

But seriously, Leavenworth is GORGEOUS.  The climate is WAY better than Seattle's (East of the mountains and therefore drier, hotter in the summer, and colder / snowier in the winter) and everything is Bavarian themed - even the Starbucks and the Safeway!

On Saturday I went for a 4 mile run with Jordanne and Amy and then as they kept going I walked 3 more miles, and on Sunday I ran / walked 3 miles - and look at these views from the run:

Doesn't this look like a post card?!

 Adorable, right?!

So even though I couldn't partake in any wine, we headed out on Saturday for the wine walk. 


And it was LOVELY, even without the wine.  Good friends, good fun, great weather.


Jordanne, Jordanne's husband, JMan, and I all have birthdays that fall within two weeks of each other, so we also did some birthday celebrating.  Jordanne is amazing and thinks of everything, and brought not only non-alcoholic champagne but also a bottle of non-alcoholic wine.

Side bar - at a later BBQ at my house my Dad and Father-in-Law accidentally mistook the bottle of non-alcoholic wine for one of the ones we'd bought for the party and were drinking it!  


The group also surprised me with some AMAZING birthday and baby shower gifts.  I have the best friends IN THE WHOLE WORLD.  Seriously, they are so awesome and I'm so lucky. 



Best weekend ever, and best group of friends ever.  Yes, we swam until we got kicked out: