Monday, November 19, 2012

My Obsession with Gone Girl

We all know I very often disagree with America's ratings of popular past times.

50 Shades of Grey Suck.  Downton Abbey.  The Avengers.  The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I just didn't find any of these things very special, even though America sure did.

But we finally found a point to agree on. 


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  You've already heard of it / read it - I am the very last person to this party thanks to my craziness surrounding not buying books (the line at the library was like 1,000 people long).  I just started it and I am OBSESSED.  Like, seriously obsessed.  Like I don't want to go to work because I just want to listen to it ALL-DAY-LONG.  Like I'm going to be completely anti-social until it's finished, and this book is not short.  The obsession is a problem that's hindering my everyday life activities. 

It's like I know what's going to happen but I don't know all at the same time.  WHO DID IT?  WHAT'S HAPPENING?  HOW WILL IT END?  WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH MORE THAN HALF THE BOOK TO GO?  Seriously.  The rest of the book better not let me down or make me regret this post.

So you win this one America.  Just don't tell me how it ends.