Monday, October 1, 2012

Finding Balance

You may have noticed my posts have been coming more and more infrequently.  It's not because I don't love you all, I swear.  I'm just struggling to find balance right now.  It's not even so much that I don't have anything to say - because when I'm out running I write full blog posts in my head!  But then I come home and am immediately busy and never write it down.  Someday I'll just be able to post with my mind... :-)


As you know, I've recently switched jobs, and while I LOVE my new job and everything it entails, I also find myself sometimes dreaming of "my old life of leisure".  Because, while my old job was far from a walk in the park, it was certainly comfortable.  I knew what I was doing, I could do it well, and I could definitely do it well within the confines of the working day.  While annoyance was a common occurrence, stress was not, and I really loved that.  That's definitely why I stayed there so long despite being long overdue for a challenge. 

But, back to the new job.  In the new job I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.  And it's terrifying.  In a good way though. So I'm struggling to find a balance of working normal hours, getting exercise in, actually cleaning the house and doing laundry, etc.  So far I haven't done much of any of the above.

 Instead of exercising or cleaning I just eat delicious chocolate that the wonderful and fabulous Corey sent me.  She is AWESOME, by the way.  That's an appropriate method of dealing with stress, right? 

In addition to all this, I'm still doing a small part of my old job, and doing ANOTHER part-time job as well this quarter.  Oh yeah, and there's also that tiny little project that is writing my dissertation.  So I'm a little overwhelmed.

 This weekend I got a TON of work done on all of the above - and it wasn't even that bad since I got to work out in the sunshine!

So, I'm whiney today.  But I just wanted to let you know - that I'm still around, and that I'm sure I'll be back more regularly once things settle down.  It's hard to write about running when you're not running that much!  :-) 

Ever feel overwhelmed?  Or like you don't have anything to blog about?  Or just that you don't have time to write it all down?