Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Don't Want to Jinx It...

I don't want to jinx it... but I think my hamstring is getting better!  I thought that maybe it was last week, but I REALLY didn't want to jinx it so I downplayed it.  But it really DID feel better this week!

Cooper is happy about this!

I don't want to get my hopes up though.  But... they kind of already are up so I think that's just lying to myself.

My workouts last week aren't very impressive (AGAIN), I've been kind of lazy on my non-running days.  But let's focus on the good, shall we?

Monday - 45 minutes on the elliptical

Tuesday - 2.5 miles of running in the blaring sun, + 2.9 miles of walking

Wednesday - REST (Wednesdays are definitely going to be my rest days this fall - they are way too swamped to fit in a workout, so I need to know this and plan my other days accordingly)

Thursday - 6 miles of running with some hints that my hamstring might be feeling a little bit better!


Friday - No time for a workout because we were headed on the long 5 hour drive to THE BEACH.  Oh the beach, how I love thee, you did not disappoint.


Saturday - Tons of walking on the beach, probably at least 4 miles, plus more miles walking to and from candy shops that sell caramel corn.  :-)


Sunday - I had real dreams for today.  I thought maybe I could run a TON of miles if my hamstring cooperated.  I set the alarm early and left more than 2 hours for potential running before I had to be anywhere.  And then I headed out... and it SUCKED.  It was seriously HORRIBLE.  My calf hurt, I had side stitches, I felt horrible.  I ran maybe 2 miles and walked a whole bunch more, calling it quits after 30 minutes.  I went home completely defeated.  And sad.

Flash forward a 5 hour car ride and feeling sluggish and pretty off all day, and I decided to try for run #2 around 4pm.  AND I RAN 8 MILES!!!!!  Seriously.  Besides the crazy adventure trail run I did with Lindsay a month ago, this is the longest run I've done in a long time.  I thought it was since the marathon but turns out I did a few longer 8-9 milers in late July.  And my hamstring didn't really bother me!

So a total of 18+ miles this week, and I feel excited!  I feel hopeful.  Please please please hamstring, don't let me down now. 

Ever worry about jinxing yourself?  How was your weekend?  What did you do?  How far did you run?