Thursday, September 6, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Amongst all this crazy Hood to Coast business I haven't related to you the VERY EXCITING things that have been happening with me lately.  I know you've been dying to know too. 

1) A baby rabbit (we named Chopper Junior - don't ask), got spooked and ran from us directly into a trap - getting caught in between a rock and a hard place quite literally. 

Don't worry - we rescued him.

2)  We went to Emerald Downs, the local horse-racing arena.  It was a gorgeous day, and I love horses, so it was win-win-win. 

Look at that mountain!

Unfortunately, that win-win-win attitude didn't translate into any of my horses' minds.  I did not win a single $.  Though since I only bet approximately $6 (I've never been much of a gambler) I suppose I didn't lose much.


3)  (This happened before the great cat runaway incident of 2012!)  I thought I was getting a steal of a great deal by buying this cat carrier for $5 at a garage sale.  The cat no longer tolerates just being shoved in the cardboard box we brought him home in (it has air holes!  Don't look at me like that...) so his last vet visit was canceled at the last minute after we couldn't haul him there.  So when I found this I was ecstatic.

At least until I got it home and tried to put him inside.  Uh... guess I underestimated his size.  By a lot. 

He also didn't tolerate being shoved inside this either.  

4)  We went slip n' sliding in the backyard.


I SWEAR we only left the slip n' slide out there for a day or two, but this happened nearly immediately:

And now our backyard looks awesome.  Whoops.

5)  We recently discovered this AMAZING place that just opened in Bellevue called Total WineIt is SERIOUSLY a grocery store full of every beer, wine, and liquor in the WORLD.  It. ROCKS.  


I love trying new beers (which I think you've already gathered) so it took me a long time to make my selection - but this is finally what I settled on:


I had been looking for the Rogue Voodoo Donut beer EVERYWHERE (including at the real live Rogue in Newport!) so I was really excited to find it.  It was good and you could definitely taste the maple and you could kind of taste the bacon - but it's not something you'd want to drink a lot of.  I was kind of tired of it after half a glass, though it was interesting and I'm glad we got it. 

I love Wailua Wheat so that was an oldie but a goodie, and the Pumpkin Cider was delicious. 

6)  I won a Nuun swimcap in a Facebook giveaway!  I was seriously excited about that.  Now I just need to get my hands on the Nuun cycling jersey I have my eye on...


And that's about it.  Can you believe all these exciting things going on in my life?  Ha.

What's new and exciting in YOUR life??