Sunday, January 22, 2012

An Ode to My Dad

My dad is the best. Who else would drive 3 hours each way and arrive with a chainsaw in tow (chainsaws are sold out everywhere in Seattle right now!) to help save our appendages?   He's the best.

This is my Dad.  He's a really, REALLY good sport!
That's my Dad again.  He made all those hats for everyone for Christmas!  Isn't he amazing?

Lisa is also the best for loaning us her amazing Swedish gas-powered chainsaw. Without her and my dad we would not have accomplished this.  It only took one full Saturday of exhausting hard work (but it is fun to chop things!), two huge loads to the dump (and $80 in dump fees), two chainsaws, 3 people, 3 Quizno's sandwiches, 2 massive bruises on my shins, and many aching muscles, to remove all of this:

The view from our yard.
The view from the neighbor's yard.
We still have all of our appendages, no one was seriously injured, and both fences remain intact!  I'll call that a WIN!  And our yard is back to looking like crap like usual great (it's normal to have half a tree in your yard, right?):


So the obligatory winter storm is over.  We had fun, we suffered, and it appears we've recovered. We still haven't learned any lessons about preparing for power outages.  We're idiots.  Commence summer, stat.

THANKS FOR BEING THE BEST DAD, 
AND FOR BEING THE BEST, DAD!
Pinned Image

Who else has a fabulous father?  I bet he's not as fabulous as mine.  Anyone else on clean-up duty after the storm this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I actually don't have my dad around. I'm sure I'll post about it one day. But I think because of that I LOVE seeing everyone's amazing dad's :) your dad looks so fun and totally cool. He made all those hats?!?!?!? wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that! Definitely post about it sometime, if you feel up to it.

      Delete

I LOVE Comments!