Saturday, January 14, 2012

Who's Excited for the Olympic Trials?

I am I am! If only I could run even within an hour of the 2:45 qualifying time needed to get in!

Who's it going to be?


                        Desiree?                          Shalane?                         Kara?           source

Will all three make it on the team?  Or none?  I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!  I am beyond jealous of those who will actually be in Houston today, cheering their guts out.  I have a definite loyalty to Kara after reading her book, though I'm definitely mostly looking for an amazing, nail-biting-worthy race. 

My TV is ready to be tuned to NBC today at 12:00pm and my snacks are ready (hey, I need some quick energy-in-the-form-of-sugar just like the athletes!).  The tough part remaining involves not checking Twitter, Facebook, CNN, TV, etc. etc. etc. so I don't know who wins before I watch.  WHY IS IT NOT LIVE PEOPLE?  Why?  It will be just like that episode of How I Met Your Mother when the gang didn't want to find out who won the Superbowl.  EXACTLY the same as that. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Will you watch?  Who are you cheering for?  Have you read Kara's book?