Saturday, January 21, 2012

Too Much "Sometimes"

1. I'm really working on the "sometimes" part of Ricole Runs this week and I don't like it! With the new plan I only get to run 3 days a week anyway, but with a really terrible (and ridiculously short!) treadmill run on Wednesday, Monday is my only good run this week. This morning I looked outside and the streets and sidewalks are so disgustingly sloppy with slush that I decided to take my chances it will be gone by tomorrow. I need a good run this weekend!

2. In other workout news, yesterday I swam 50 laps (2,500 yards, or about 1.35 miles), a new distance record for me! I may not be getting faster or killing any fewer of my precious few brain cells, but I do feel like I'm getting a bit stronger at it. I could have kept going. The real reason for going to the community center though = they had power! We lost power all day yesterday (sure makes you thankful for electricity) thanks to all the falling trees (like the one in my backyard).

3. In other other workout news, today I rode the bike trainer for 45 minutes. It was super boring and unimpressive, but I wanted to do something, and it was the least of the evils (and the most convenient).

4. My dad is coming today to help us chainsaw the tree without killing ourselves or causing more damage! Isn't he the best? I think so. So check back in later to make sure we still have all of our appendages.

What are you up to on this lovely Saturday? How far are you running this weekend?

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. GREAT bike ride, say hey to the dad ;) hopefully that tree comes/came down nice and easy and you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Thanks for finding my blog!! Stay safe with the wind... it's pretty nuts! I am currently trying to get over my fear of the pool. I'm not scared of swimming but I'm scared of people who are really, really good. I'm not. I am slowing getting more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm also terrified of good people! I NEVER EVER want to share a lane and especially never want to circle swim. Pretty much I won't get in the water if I have to do one of these things! And I can't do a flip turn to save my life.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could swim like you!! I actually have anxiety when I try to swim...I don't know what it is about the water but I don't think it likes me!! Way to vary all of your types of exercise!

    Hope the tree came down nice and easy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The very few times I've tried to swim in open water (like a small lake) I've had MAJOR swimming anxiety. I always think I want to do a triathlon until I remember you have to swim in open water...!

      Delete

I LOVE Comments!