Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another Snow Day!

After waiting not so patiently last night around 10pm I finally got what I'd been craving: the text that said Thursday would be another snow day.  Yesterday I had ideas of cleaning the whole house and getting a lot of chores done, but instead I played in the snow all day instead. :-)  So I better get to those chores asap!

Yesterday JMan unexpectedly got to leave work at 12pm, which was the best news EVER because it meant we got to play in the snow before it was dark out.  Yes, we were the only adults (without kids) playing in the snow at the park.  Yes, haven't I mentioned before I'm 12 years old?

Cooper had the best day of his life.  Seriously. 

I made a sweet snowman.  But I was too lazy to go home to get it a face. 
And we threw snowballs for Cooper to catch / eat.  Then he threw up.  A lot.  Enjoy, kids! 
We sledded down this sweet hill that someone had added a skateboard jump to!
It was a great great day!
Yesterday I also ran 3 miles on the treadmill - I did 2 400's at 8.0mph (7:30) and 5 .1's at 8.0 during the 2nd and 3rd mile.  I hate hate hate HATE the treadmill so I broke my rule of striving for workouts of at least 6 miles (since I only get 3 running workouts a week under the new plan), also my shins were kind of bothering me which was worrisome.  Stupid treadmill.  Afterwards I walked 2 more miles.  Why does the treadmill suck so bad?

Of to do chores!  Probably.  I definitely won't have a Pan Am marathon.  Chores for sure.  

What's your favorite snow-day activity?  What's your favorite TV show that I don't watch but should?  I need entertainment ideas.  

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love that you manage to sneak a photo of your dog into every post. I'm a runner and a dog-lover with the same habit! -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to meet others as obsessed with their dogs as I! I think it's a healthy obsession. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments!