Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A June Recap Story

June was a big month for me.  I turned 30 and had a complete freak-out about my old age.  Don't worry, I drowned my sorrows in wine, pretzels, and bratwursts in Leavenworth.  I'm still not happy about it though. 


But, June came and went all the same.  So let's see how I'm doing on my goals, now that we're halfway through the year! 

Mileage. Since June involved the big taper for the marathon, it was my 2nd lowest month of mileage this year at 93 miles.  Still pretty good though!  And still easily (knock on wood) on track to break 1,000 miles for the year. 


Books.  Wow, I read ONE book this month. Yep, that's it.  I kind of fell off the reading wagon.  I read the 11th book in the Pretty Little Liars series.  I also listened to The Hunger Games, which I LOVED listening to while running, but since I'd already read it it doesn't seem fair to count it?  I'm currently working on The Kitchen House as well.  In spite of my lack of reading in June, at halfway through the year, I have already accomplished my goal of reading 26 books (I've read 30).  So let's readjust that goal to 52 books - one a week.

Though JMan got me a fake bow & arrow for my birthday, I am still dying to shoot a REAL bow & arrow. 

Races.  I ran a race in June.  It was kind of a big deal.  Maybe you've heard of it?  Yes, I ran a MARATHON.  All 26.2 (er, 26.6) miles of a marathon, and I sub 4-ed.  No, I didn't PR, I already told you that.  And yes, there were some major dark times during that race.  I already told you that too.  But 2012 WAS the year of the marathon, in that I finished it.  "Breaking 3:55 (hopefully) easily" is unfortunately a joke.  I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet though.  It's possible December 2, 2012, will hold the answers I seek.

 This is how I'm choosing to remember the race.  
All thumbs-up's and smiles and rainbows and unicorns. 

Degree Completion, aka Data Entry.  Maybe you remember my #drowningindata tweets?  Well, I FINISHED MY DATA ENTRY!  What a relief.  So ecstatic.  Now the REAL work begins, in analyzing and writing and reanalyzing and rewriting - but at least it's interesting, exciting work, instead of a pressure-cooker of mundane tedious tasks.

And that's a wrap!  Can't believe we're already halfway through 2012.  

How was your June?