Monday, August 20, 2012

Triathlon Recap... Tomorrow. Today: Just a Regular Recap.

So yesterday I ran a triathlon!  My very first.  And we'll get to that.  Just... not today.

Coming in to the finish.

Let's recap the week, shall we?

Monday - 6 mile run - my first run back after 5 days off to rest the glute.  It felt good, but was definitely still there.  Upon reading more, it seems that rest is not always the final answer for this type of injury.

Tuesday - My one and only open water swim in preparation for the triathlon.  Let's just say it was... interesting!  It was CHOPPY, the weeds were grabbing me, and a pretty major panic attack ensued.  I may have been mocked by Jordanne and Amy for just screaming "I don't want to do this I don't want to do this I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!  I have no idea how far it was or long it took but we went out to the buoy and back twice.  Probably 600-800 yards?  Plus a 3 mile run.

This is how we looked during Tuesday's workout too.  Sans the Danskin swim caps. 

Wednesday - REST.

Thursday - 35 minutes on the elliptical.  My first time using the elliptical in FOREVER.  Got nice and sweaty though, so maybe I should do it more often.  

Friday - 1 mile of swimming in 33 minutes.  The first 30 laps (1,500 yards) were all done without stopping!  

Saturday - Left time enough to run 6-9 miles in the morning before I was off to meet Jordanne and Amy to rack my bike for my very first tri!  But sadly, my stupid glute was not cooperating and I only made it 3 miles.  I am feeling extremely exasperated with it at this point.  I hope my Hood to Coast legs are bearable and I don't let my team down by being S-L-O-W!

Sunday - My very first triathlon!  Come back tomorrow for (hopefully!) the race report.  Spoiler alert - I beat my ambitious goal and just barely squeaked by under 1:30 at 1:29:14!  I'm proud. 

Remember how we made Luke signs?  Well he made US a sign!

So this week I only ran 18 miles.  That's not that good.  I ran 5 times, but 4 of those times were just 3 miles, which is about how much my glute is tolerating.  Next weekend I will run that much in just 3 runs in just 29 hours (or less).  PLEASE GET BETTER GLUTE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! 

How was your week?  What did you do this weekend?