Friday, August 3, 2012

Divergent, Insurgent,... Convergent?

So if you follow me on Twitter (and if you don't - hello? Why don't you!) you may have seen my tweets about loving a recent book.  This book was Divergent by Veronica Roth.  And it definitely deserves its own post. 

 
Do you like The Hunger Games?  If you do I guarantee you will like Divergent.  It's very Hunger Games - esque - female heroine, trilogy of books, written for teens (i.e., easy to read), very fast-paced, takes place in an alternative society, minor love story, lots of action and rebellion against the terrible future society.  When I say all that it sounds like it IS Hunger Games.  But it's not.  And it's not quite as good, but the best look-a-like I've read, and I've read a few (MazeRunner Series, Matched Series, etc.).

After I finished Divergent I got super lucky in getting Insurgent, Book #2, from the library right away.  I also devoured this book in a few days (read both in about a week, and I actually READ these ones people, I don't think they have audio books out yet).  I know I know, you thought maybe I forgot how to "actually read". 


Insurgent wasn't as great as the first book, but still good.  But now here's my big huge problem: book #3 doesn't come out until Fall of 2013!!  How will I ever wait until then?!  That's WAY TOO LONG!  I'll have forgotten all about these books by then!  That's the problem with reading series before they're complete.  Huge mistake on my part.  Huge. 

I predict the 3rd book will be called Convergent - what's your prediction?  So far all they're calling it online is "Detergent".


Conclusion = GO READ THESE BOOKS! 

Have you read the Hunger Games or any of the look-a-like series?  What did you think?  What should I read next?