Monday, May 7, 2012

Seattle RnR Training Week #7

7 weeks down, only 7 to go!  I'm halfway there!  But I'm really more than that (in theory), because I only have 1 big huge long run (a 22 miler) left!  I built some extra time into the schedule because of the Portland Rock n Roll Half which is coming up in two weeks (I need to talk about that in a post all its own). 

I did much better this week and am proud to say I completed most of my planned workouts.  The only thing completely lacking is swimming... whoops.  So let's see how my week went:

Spoiler Alert for tomorrow's post: I met a FABULOUS group of blogging ladies on Saturday!

Monday - 60 minutes spin class.  It was okay.  We did this seated interval ladder work for nearly 30 minutes and I found that incredibly boring.  Does anyone else find it difficult to get their heart rate up during spin?  It was my legs that were holding me back.  Maybe that's just because I'm a spin newbie so I don't have powerful leg muscles yet. 

Tuesday - Track Tuesday, including 6 x 400's within 7 miles under an hour (love that!)

Wednesday - a big fat rest day - no time on Wednesdays for anything else

Thursday - So. Much. Rain.  Met Jordanne and Amy and ran with them, but it was pouring and horrible and I only did 6 of my planned 8 miles.  Summer?  Where are you?

Friday - Ummm.... remember how I said I would swim on Friday?  Well then Jordanne invited me to a Mariners game.  So duh, I went.

And you know we had to go enjoy an Apricot Ale at the Pyramid Brewery before hand.  Duh.  Oh Pyramid, how I love thee, let me count the ways...

Yep, that happened. 

Saturday - 20 miles!!!!  3:01:35 (Average Pace: 9:04)  I'll talk more about this tomorrow!

Sunday - 3 lovely miles walking with Cooper in the SUNSHINE followed by 50 minutes of yoga.

Total running miles: 33 miles!  Yay!  One 20 miler done.  Only one more hugely long run left (22 miles).

How did your workouts go this week?