Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hood to Coast Team Morning!

First of all, the NUUN WINNERS!

We have #25... Ivy!


and #32... Cinnamon!

Ivy and EatPrayTri - email me (ricoleruns@gmail.com) your mailing address and your top two favorite flavors of Nuun (or flavors you most want to try).  If I have them I will try to accomodate!

Next up, after what seemed like an ETERNITY of waiting (likely only to me!), Nuun FINALLY released the teams and the individual leg assignments for Hood to Coast!

And... (drumroll please)... Ricole is a member of TEAM MORNING!  Go Team Morning!  We are going to rock it.


My lovely vanmates in Van 1 include:
Tricia – Tricia Minnick: Legs 1, 13, 25
Corey – Schnoodles of Fun: Legs 2, 14, 26
Stephanie – Epicurious Runner: Legs 3, 15, 27
Jess – Blonde Ponytail: Legs 4, 16, 28
Caitlin – Nuun Employee: Legs 5, 17, 29
Ricole Runs – Ricole Runs: Legs 6, 18, 30

Van 2 includes more rock stars like: 
Erin – Nuun Employee: Legs 7, 19, 31
Elizabeth – Running For Bling: Legs 8, 20, 32
Dorothy – Mile Posts: Legs 9, 21, 33
Amanda  – Runninghood: Legs 10, 22, 34
Jennifer – The Fit Fork: Legs 11, 23, 35
XLMIC – Taking It On: Legs 12, 24, 36

I'm so excited for August to hurry up and get here!  So what do my legs look like?  

Leg 6:   6.75 miles through Sandy, rated "Hard": Challenging uphills and gradual downhills along Hwy 26 on paved shoulder.

Leg 18:   5.23 miles through St. Helens, rated "Hard": Flat and gradual uphill terrain on hwy and paved back country roads.

Leg 30:  5.35 miles through Astoria, rated "Moderate": Gradual uphill and steep downhill on winding narrow back road with minimum shoulder.
Total running miles during the relay = 17.33 miles, with these set of legs being ranked the 4th most difficult.  EEEK!  I've been runner #2 (3rd most difficult) and runner #9 (2nd most difficult) before in 2010 and 2011 respectively, but never with such speedy vanmates who were counting on me!
So it's time to start training!  I definitely want to incorporate more hill running (both uphill AND downhill) into my running, some speedwork, and a few two-a-days to get ready for this!  My team is full of rock star runners and I don't want to let my team down!