Monday, June 18, 2012

Seattle RnR Marathon Training Week #13

Well folks, it's here.  It's finally here.  The very last week of marathon training - which pretty much means do nothing.  And I am TERRIFIED to say the least.  Commence complete freak out that will last all week. 


So - how did I do this week?

Monday - A lovely 7.14 mile run with Leandrea.  That lovely run seems so far away now!

Tuesday - I don't think I did anything?  I think I entered data instead. 

Wednesday - A not so great 3 mile run - quit as soon as I deemed reasonable (at 3 apparently). 

Thursday - 2,500 yards of swimming in 53 minutes + 75 minutes of tennis (doubles so not much of a workout). 

But probably not really. 

Friday - A loonnngggg nearly 2 hour tennis match (singles) which I sadly LOST.  My first loss of the season had to be during the play-offs when the team was counting on me.  I'm the worst. 

Saturday - A big fat NOTHING.  Intended to run but after not getting home from the tennis match until 2am and sleeping in and it being HOT I decided to just enter data instead.  Story of my life. 

Sunday - 8 miles in 1:15:45.  It was so HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT.  Sweat was pouring off my face and I wanted to quit at mile 2.  And this is after changing my run from Saturday to Sunday to reduce the heat.  I live in Seattle, so I'm a baby.

Total running miles = 18.  I only swam once and didn't bike at all.  Oops. 

Who knows what Saturday will bring?  Will I wake to a stars-aligned magical day?  Will I feel horrible and swear off marathons for the 3rd and final time?  Will it be blazing hot and leave me sweltering?  Or will the current weather predictions of 63 and overcast hold and make me a lucky gal?  We shall see.  We shall see.  But I will be stalking the weather 5 times a day like a crazy person until Saturday, that's for sure.


Who's running Seattle Rock n Roll?  Do I finally get to meet you at one of the various meet-ups?  What corral are you in?