Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pinterest: Making People Want Cupcakes Since 2011

In workout news, on Tuesday I swam a mile (1,800 yards) and elliptical-led for 30 minutes.  Boring boring boring, I'm not a good swimmer blah blah nothing interesting to report about either of those things.  I'm here today to talk about a much more interesting topic:
Pinterest Logo
So I dragged my feet for forever in joining Pinterest even though several people (but especially Leandrea) were highly advocating for it and saying how amazing it is.  Since joining I've noticed a serious trend going on in what I've been "pinning":

Homemade girl scout cookies - Samoa Bars     Take your favorite cake recipe, bake and let cool. Before frosting, make sure your cake is shorter than a kit-kat bar, if not trim some off the top to leave room for the M&M;’s. Frost with your favorite frosting.

Take a bunch of kit-kat bars (about 4 large packages), cut or gently break each bar into two sections. Place the bars on the cake, gently pushing into the frosting. Tie with a ribbon and fill the center with M&M;’s (about 1 large bag). You can leave some out to pour around the base of your cake, but since this cake was traveling with me to work, I didn’t bother. That’s it! Easy peasy!

samoas cupcakes  Homemade Snickers Bars

Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey's Cream Cheese Frosting (AMAZING)   s'mores anytime! love it.

Does anyone notice a theme?  But while all these above things look absolutely delicious there are two items I've seen that I cannot stop thinking about.  Is it weird to daydream about dessert?  If being obsessed with dessert is wrong, I don't want to be right!


1) Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes.  Cadbury Creme Eggs are perhaps one of my most favorite candies EVER (yes I know they're quite controversial, people either love them or hate them).  Cadbury Mini Eggs rock too, by the way.  This leads me to believe I may need to do an "Ode to Candy" post (yes Almond Joys, I'm talking about you, you too Sour Patch Kids / Reese's Peanut Butter Cups / Swedish Fish / Caramel Apple Suckers / Peachie-O's).  Sorry, I got carried away.  These cupcakes have a full Cadbury egg cooked inside of them.  Must. Eat. Now. 
Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes
source
2) Next up on the Must Eat List: A Double Stuff Oreo cooked inside a chocolate chip cookie.  Has anything ever looked so delicious ever before?  Is it weird I can't stop thinking about these?  Don't answer that.
Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie!
source
It's apparently such a common problem that they even made a rule about it: 
Haha! This is me!
So the big question is - who is going to make these things for me?

  So True...
And now I'm going to go eat some cupcakes.  I'm out.

Do you use Pinterest?  What do you "pin"?  What's so great about it?  Has it increased your intake of cupcakes?