Monday, March 26, 2012

That Time I Saw the Sun & Where in the World is Ricole Runs?

I knew I would have a rough time getting in a long run this weekend (reason because I'm traveling, see below!) so I headed out on Friday with hopes of knocking out my first long run of marathon training - the 14 miler.  Though I've done many many half marathons, this would be my longest run in nearly 18 months - since 10/10/10 - the Portland Marathon! 

And what did I see?  Shockingly, I saw that big huge yellow ball up in the sky - what's that called again?  It's been soooo long since I saw it.  Now, in my weather delusion's defense, it was still about 37 degrees out when I started this run.  So I'm not calling it spring just because I saw the sun one little measly time. 

 See - the sun.  I wasn't lying.

Although the run itself was pretty boring - just a million loops around my 1.5 mile neighborhood, some lemon-lime Nuun and the "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running" audiobook helped pass the time.  And before I knew it, I had done it!  14 miles in 2:04:56 (AP: 8:55)!  And my first long run of training for the Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon is in the books!

All the miles were under 9 minute miles except the first two (acceptable warm-up) and the 14th (unacceptable!).  I was so tired by the end I could barely pick up my legs.  I stepped on a little bitty pinecone and nearly went down my legs were tired.  It really makes me wonder how I will possibly run 12 more miles in just 3 months from now?! 


Now, on to Where in the World is Ricole Runs!  Anyone else a past lover of Carmen Sandiego?  No?  Nevermind....  So let's play a brand new game called Guess Where I Am!  You have three options.  Two are places I REALLY want to go and one is the place I hung out all weekend!  Can you guess?  I bet it will be extremely difficult.

Option 1:

 
Option 2: 

Option 3:

 

If you need a hint, it didn't cost us an arm and a leg to get there and I didn't change time zones.  :-)  Weekly rap-up and weekend shenanigan recaps coming later this week, stay tuned!

So what do you think?  WHERE AM I?!  And what are the top 3 places you are dying to visit right  now?