Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Most Random Post You've Ever Read

On Wednesday I hopefully finished my very last class of my PhD career!  I've said this before, but I think this is really it this time.  All that's left for me to do is my dissertation, no more classes!  I started this journey spring quarter 2008, so it's hard to believe I've been at this 4 full years now.  But  at the same time, it's hard to believe I haven't been at it for 10.


Campus on a rare sunny day. 

I was hoping the famous cherry blossoms would be out since this will probably be my last time on campus for awhile, and normally they come out during spring break-ish.  We haven't had any spring-like weather yet though (boo), so I guess that's why this was the only blossom I could find in the whole quad. 


In other random news, on Tuesday I met JMan for a Groupon-inspired date at Racha Thai.  Afterwards we walked around the mall and I saw this, the Motorola MotoActv:

  

Has anyone seen this before or know anything about it?  I was really impressed by it initially, as it seems to be a Garmin on crack, in that it is also an iPod on crack, in that it creates playlists to make you go faster based on your workout / music data!  Doesn't that sound amazing?  Also, it can be a watch or a clip-on like the iPod Nano.  It was going for $249.  I figured there has to be a catch, like it's battery life is horrible or the GPS is inaccurate or SOMETHING.  My good old Garmin 305 isn't going to last forever (it likes to remind me of its impending mortality by refusing to turn on every once in awhile), so if this is as amazing as it sounds...??!  What do you think?  Don't you think they should send me one to review?!  :-)

On Wednesday I rode the bike trainer and swam a mile.  Not at the same time, obviously.  Though that might be interesting.

  

Proof that I rode a bike for at least one second.  Proof that Cooper is the most loyal being on this earth.  He likes to just lay at the bike's feet and stare up at me, or sometimes stand and lick my leg every time it goes around.  It is the most adorable thing I've ever seen.  

Okay, enough randomness.  What are you up to on this lovely Saturday?  Fun weekend plans?  How far are you running?