- I ran 101 miles in March. In January I ran 95 miles and in February I ran 89 miles. Pretty consistent! It looks like its past time for a cut-back week.
- I completed my 2nd and 3rd races of 2012: the Lincoln City Half Marathon and the Seattle St. Patty's Day Dash.
Oh, you're tired of these pictures already? Impossible.
- I passed my general exams! This definitely DEFINITELY counts as making significant progress towards finishing my degree. Now on to the dissertation!
- I read 7 books this month, including Dovekeepers and the first five books in the Pretty Little Liars series. Skipping in Seattle told me to read these books and although I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, I'm hooked. I thought about getting a fake War and Peace book shell to house my secret teenager-aimed book addictions! I'm waiting impatiently on getting the 6th book from the library. I also finished Garden Spells, our book club book for April. It was fine. Life went on. Since I had just finished Sarah Allen's other book, The Girl Who Chased the Moon, and the two books are crazily similar, I was kind of bored. They're both about baking and magic. Been there, done that. But I did like it better than her other book and probably would have liked it even more if I hadn't just read The Girl Who Chased the Moon. It was a very quick read and I was entertained. Three stars.
SO true. source
- I'm now on to The Weird Sisters, our book club book for May. What's interesting is I'm already noticing that one of the main characters of The Weird Sisters, Bianca, is strikingly similar to one of the main characters of Garden Spells, Sidney. So after The Weird Sisters is done, I'm definitely ready for something "new". These three books are too similar.
Want to follow along and read this with me?
- I did not volunteer for a race. Shocker. I need to get serious about figuring out which race I'm going to volunteer for. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? It would be even better if YOU were doing the race and I could give you water!